The Adelaide Fungal Study Group (AFSG) is convened by State Herbarium Hon. Associate Pam Catcheside. The group is open to anyone interested in the scientific study of fungi. It is a Club of the Field Naturalists Society of South Australia. Members of AFSG must also be members of the Field Naturalists Society of S.A. (membership $35.00 p.a., concession $25.00 p.a.). Additional membership fee for the Group is $5 p.a.
Meetings of the Adelaide Fungal Study Group take place on varying Tuesdays of the month in the State Herbarium of South Australia, Hackney Road, Adelaide, 7.30pm.
Extra meetings & forays (collecting trips) may be arranged, and changes will be made, to take advantage of fungal fruiting times and good fungal sites. There will be no excursions from November to March inclusive. At meetings held during the fungal season, collections made during the previous weekend’s foray will be examined, described and identifications made.
The first meeting for this year is scheduled for Tue., 8 Mar. 2016, 7:30-9:00pm.
- 7:30-8:00 Ratification of programme for 2016.
- 8:00-8:10 Thelma Bridle. Orchid mycorrhizas.
- 8:10-8:20 Samra Qaraghuli. Screening macrofungi for inhibitors of biofilm formation by Staphylococcus aureus.
- 8:20-8:30 Tara Garrard. Nematophagous fungi.
- 8:30-8:40 Rose Dow. Fungi in soils; ‘Nature’s Recyclers’. A poster for Arbury Park Outdoor School.
- 8:40-8:50 Sarah Harvey. Summer projects at the State Herbarium of SA.
- 8:50-9:00 Pam Catcheside. Rare and under-collected small, black discomycetes.
New members interested in the group’s activities should contact Pam Catcheside (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.