The Northern Territory has now released its own online Flora. The state has a distinctive flora of more than 4,300 species of native plants, including some 702 endemic species, concentrated particularly on the Western Arnhem Land Plateau. The first version of eflora.nt.gov.au features:
- Checklists of NT Plants, threatened species and weeds
- Searching of flora information by any combination of spatial attributes, plant name or plant characteristics including conservation status to produce a species list
- Access to Northern Territory Herbarium specimen data
- Browsing by plant name to access fact sheets and other information
- Fact sheets include distribution maps, illustrations, photos of each plant, conservation status, distribution, flowering times and other information; also available are PDFs of descriptions and keys.
The NT eFlora will be particularly interesting for people working on the Flora of arid South Australia, as many plant species occur in both states. More information and images are promised in future updates.